WADE, BOYLSTON PRIZE SPEAKERS ARE CHOSEN

PRIZES AT $50 AND $35 OFFERED TO BEST FOUR

Ten finalists for the Lee Wade and Boylston prize competition were chosen from trials held yesterday.

They are: Ellwood M. Babenold, Jr. '37, Lane Blackwell '39, Tucker Dean '37, Edward J. Duggan '37, Arthur Ellison '37, Norman Hunt '38, Wiley E. Mayne '38, Laird M. Ogle '38, Fred Rogosin '39, and Willard M. Whitman '39.

The finals will be held in Payne Hall in the Music Building on Wednesday evening, March 31.

The ten finalists were chosen from among 33 applicants, all of whom furnished exceedingly high competition according to Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '20, professor of public speaking, who was one of the judges. The other judges were Norman Mattis and Robert F. Young, instructors in public speaking.

Two prizes of $50.00 and two of $35.00 are offered to the four speakers judged best in the finals. First prize is the Lee Wade, and the other three are all Boylston prizes.

The Lee Wade Prize was founded in memory of Lee Wade, 2d '14, while the Boylston prizes are of older origin, being founded in 1817 in honor of Nicholas Boylston by Ward Nicholas Boylston.