GOV. MEN WILL MEET TO FIX U.S. CONSTITUTION

Government Concentrators' Council to Sponsor Convention on Modern State Problems

Celebrating the 150th anniversary of the American Constitutional Convention of 1787, students concentrating in social sciences will hold a Constitutional Convention to consider possible alterations of the American form of government, fitting it to modern economic conditions.

With delegates chosen from the student body to represent all 48 states, the assembly will hold a preliminary meeting April 29, to be addressed by a prominent peaker. The sessions of the convention will be on April 30 and May 1.

The committee organizing the meeting includes Richard T. Davis '38 of Medford; Martin D. Schwartz '38 of Muncie, Indiana and Felix F. Stumpf '38 of Cambridge. Sponsoring the convention is the Council of Government Concentrators.

Announcing preliminary plans for their convention, the students declared, "The people of the United States have been frequently told, and are becoming increasingly aware, that some alteration might be necessary in the Constitutional structure to make it conform with modern conditions and facts in our economic and social life."