Crimson Editorial and Business Competitions Open Tomorrow Night in Remodeled Building

Variety of Ailments Cause of Withdrawal From Classic of Gerrity, Scofield

Tomorrow evening the remodeled CRIMSON building will go on display for the first time officially, when the annual spring competitions for the Editorial and Business Boards open at 7:30 o'clock.

For the Editorial Board, only Sophomores are eligible, while both Sophomores and Freshmen may compete for the Business Board. The quotas for the News and Photographic Boards have been filled. These spring competitions will last six weeks, or roughly through the Reading Period.

The Business competition offers experience in making contacts with business men, writing advertising copy, gaining experience in the circulation end of the paper, and generally running the business affairs of a concern that annually balances its books at a figure in excess of $25,000.

For potential editorial artists, the opportunity is offered to express oneself on College topics, as well as affairs of state, national, and international interest. One editorial a night is the general rule of this competition, or its alternative, in the form of a Vagabond, a criticism of the latest Hollywood or Broadway triumph, or a review of the current best seller.

Probably the most valuable experience gained from Editorial Board work, aside, of course, from the benefit derived from the acquisition of a critical, analytical style, are the contacts made with officials, whom the Editorial men interview in their investigations of college topics.

Both competitions require little or no night work. The Business Board work, is done mainly in the afternoon, with some morning work, in between classes included, while editorials may be written in the privacy of one's own sanctum, and editorial candidates are only required to be in the building for about half an hour in the evenings.