PROCTORS KEEP ON THE MOVE AS YARDLING RIOT FIZZLES

Three hundred Freshmen ran aimlessly around the Yard last night, emitting occasional shrill "Rineharts", as a hastily planned riot degenerated into a clumsy game of ring around the rosy.

Eager for a fray and not too concerned with the petty details of organization, the instigators phoned all their friends, informing them that there would be a demonstration on the steps of Widener at 10 o'clock.

On the hour, five timid souls poked their heads furtively from Yard windows, let out a few tentative whoops, and ducked back to safety. Then a group began to gather between Thayer and University Halls. Striding manfully into its midst an "unidentified" proctor broke up the gathering and was boasting of his prowess to a number of disappointed news hawks when the same eight guys loudly began to reorganize around the corner, sending the proctor scurrying after them again.

The grand climax came when somebody suggested that the boys go out in the Square to play. This resulted in a game of G-Men and gangsters in which the proctors beat the rioters to the gate every time.