DIZZY DEAN WILL APPEAR AT 1940 SMOKER TUESDAY

Gertrude Niessen and 40 Entertainers From Met Also Are Coming; Free Goodies Supplied

Addition of Neil O'Hara, Frankie Frisch and Dizzy Dean to the host of persons who will appear at the Freshman Smoker was announced last night by John F. Kennedy '40, in charge of the Yardling's annual spree.

O'Hara, the well known sports columnist of the Boston Traveller will be Toast-master at the Smoker Tuesday, to be held for the first time in history in huge Memorial Hall rather than the Union.

As the Cardinals will be in town, the Committee conceived the idea of getting Frisch and his brilliant pitching star to appear. Dean, a hold-out from the St. Louis Club during much of the training season, has won two shutout victories in two starts since the regular season opened.

Gertrude Niessen, New York stage and concert singer, and a cast of 40 entertainers from the Met have already agreed to come.

The usual free pipes, cigaretes, doughnuts, ginger ale and good humors will be supplied, the digestive processes of those present being aided and abetted by the music of two orchestras. There is no admission charge.