1937 CLASS ALBUM WILL BE READY TO DISTRIBUTE FRIDAY

Frontispiece by Charles Blessing, and Historical Sketch by Morison Are Features

According to schedule, Senior Class Albums will be ready for distribution of Friday, it was announced yesterday by the Committee. Offices on the first floor of Phillips Brooks House will be open every week day from 9 to 12 o'clock, and from 2 to 5 o'clock. Books may be called for by those who have subscribed at the $10 rate, while mailed copies at the $10.75 rate will be sent to subscribers during the following week.

About 75 copies are available for purchase at $10 to accommodate those who have not yet subscribed. These will be on sale at Phillips Brooks House as long as the supply lasts.

Featuring the 1937 book is an etching frontispiece, executed in drypoint by Charles Blessing of Boston. Another highspot in art-work is the Album's departure from the usual reprinting of familiar college scenes. Replacing these is a series of lithographs from unusual pencil sketches of the Houses--the WORK of the Russian artist, Constantin A. Pertzoff.

To commemorate the anniversary last fall, a section has been given over to the Tercentenary. An historical sketch by Samuel Eliot Morison '07, professor of History and Tercentenary Historian, is inset with small cuts, from Harvard's past, followed by an account of the Tercentenary Days by John B. Bowditch '37, which is framed by bleed-off panels of scenes from the celebration.

Besides the inclusion of fifteen organizations never before recognized in past albums, other innovations in typography have BEEN designed to brighten the dark corners. Color printing has been used on the title page, the tissues facing the etching and pencil sketches, and on the personnel pages of the Houses. Sparing use has been made of bleed-off cuts, which leave no margin at the edges of the page: on the five division pages and on the panels which frame "Tercentenary Days," The Class Ode, and the Class Poem.