Curtiss or Walsh Scheduled to Twirl Against Underdog Tufts Nine Today

Last Year's Fracas Recalled; Jumbo Coach Challenged Mitchell to Fight

In continuance of the feud started last year between the two teams after a near list-fight between rival coaches, fireworks may pop at 4 o'clock this afternoon when the Crimson nine faces Tufts on Soldiers Field.

Although a non-league game, great rivalry has arisen between the two schools because of the closeness of the contests and because of last year's burst of hostilities ignited by the challenge of the Jumbo coach, Ken Nash, to go the Well-known "20 rounds" with the Crimson mentor, Fred Mitchell.

Apparently spurred on by Monday's slaughter of the hapless Northeastern nine, the Varsity hammered the ball hard and fielded flawlessly in the pre-game practice yesterday. With the Crimson in top form of the season Tufts must necessarily enter today's contest as the under-dog.

Saving Big Ed Ingalls for the league meet Saturday with Pennsylvania, Mitchell indicated yesterday that he will oppose the Jumbos with either Dick Walsh or Slim Curtiss on the mound.

Last year Walsh held the Tufts batters to three hits and one run, but the big left hander has never approached the same effectiveness this season. Curtiss, who starred for the undefeated Yardling nine last year, has warmed the bench since the spring trip, when he faced two hitters, dusting off both of them. If the slender right hander succeeds in taming the Jumbos this afternoon, Mitchell's mound worries will be dispelled.

With Art Johns still bothered by his spiked heel, Dick Grondahl, who has been pasting the ball with regularity in recent games, will cover the second sack. Retaining, Russ Allen in his left field post, Mitchell will start the same lineup that faced Northeastern Monday.

Determined to upset the odds favoring a Mitchell victory, Tufts will start one of its ace hurlers, either Al Galuska or Anthony Wojciochowski in order to check the Crimson drive for its seventh win of the season.