ADAMS STILL WITHOUT MASTER; DEMOS ACTING

CHARLES H. TAYLOR MENTIONED FOR POSITION

Adams House is still without a regular House Master and no information is as yet forthcoming on the selection of a new man. Since the departure of Professor James Phinny Baxter 3rd, who left Harvard to become president of Williams College, Raphael Demos, assistant pro-Division of Philosophy and Psychology, fessor of Philosophy and Tutor in the has been Acting House Master. Last year Demos was Senior Tutor in Adams House.

At present, indications are that the matter will be taken up in the first meeting of the Faculty Council which will take place shortly. Until then Demos will remain Acting House Master and will reside in the House Master's home. There has been no opportunity to consider the case due to the absence of members of the council from Cambridge during the summer vacation.

Rumored about Adams House as the most likely choice for the position is Charles Holt Taylor, associate professor of History and Tutor in the Division of History, Government, and Economics. Taylor has had previous experience in the management of Adams House for he was Acting Master two years ago while Professor Baxter was in Europe.