PHELPS AND PAUL NAMED ASSISTANT DEANS OF COLLEGE

Phelps Graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1930--Paul Made Magna Cum Laude With History

Reginald H. Phelps '30, of Southwick, and Rodman W. Paul '36, of Milton, have received appointments as assistant Deans of the College, it was announced today.

Phelps, who graduated summa cum laude in German, is now studying History in the Graduate School and instructing in both German and History. Last year he was in charge of the non-resident student center in Dudley Hall. While in College, he was editorial chairman of the CRIMSON, first marshal of the Phi Beta Kappa, a member of the Senior Album committee, and the winner of several scholarships and prizes.

Paul graduated magna cum laude in History and is now doing graduate work in this subject. Last year he was chairman of the Graduate Schools Committee of Phillips Brooks House. In College he was an editor of the CRIMSON, vice-president of Phillips Brooks House, chairman of the Foreign Student Committee, and a member of the Political Union.

Phelps will be in charge of the College Records, while Paul will be in charge of the Seniors and Juniors. Prectors in College buildings outside of the Yard, undergraduate clubs, and non-athletic activities will also be in Paul's field.