ENTRY DATE ANNOUNCED FOR SPEAKING PRIZES

Deadline for Registration in Lee Wade And Boylston Eloeution Contests Is March 1

Entrants in the Lee Wade and Boylston speaking competitions must register with him at Warren House before March 1, Robert S. Hillyer '17, Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory, announced yesterday.

Candidates must choose a piece of literature in either prose or poetry, from English, Latin, or Greek, Professor Hillyer said, and submitted to him for approval. Although the closing date of registration is March 1 at 5 o'clock, candidates may obtain time extensions for choosing their selections.

In a preliminary competition, scheduled for about March 15, the field will be narrowed down to ten. Each competitor will be required to deliver his selection from memory at that time. The final competition will be held in Paine Hall on the evening of March 30, and will be open to the public.

Founded in 1915 by Francis H. Wade, in memory of his son, Lee Wade 2nd, '14, the Lee Wade prize consists of an award of $50. The Boylston prizes founded in honor of Nicholas Boylston, are of $50 and $35 apiece.