Gridmen Meet Today to Choose 1939 Captain to Succeed Green

Likely Contenders for Team Honor Are Healey, Hallett, Coleman And Macdonald

Twenty-one Yale game players will vote for the 1939 grid captain to succeed this year's leader, Bobby Green, this afternoon at the Field House after the squad picture has been taken. The eligible gridmen include four juniors and two sophomores.

The returning lettermen are Tom Healey and Mose Hallett, tackles, Bill Coleman and Don Lowry, guards, and Torby Macdonald and Joe Gardella, backs. In all probability the choice will be made from among Healey, Hallett, Coleman, and Macdonald, the juniors.

Last year, Healey subbed for Ken Booth and this fall started every game for the Crimson. He played 60 minutes against both Princeton and Yale. Hallett has seen service as a substitute for the past two seasons at the tackle post.

High-scoring back Torby Macdonald has crossed the line six times this year against the Crimson's Big Three rivals and holds the distinction of being the only underclassman who has started two Eli contests.

Bill Coleman has performed capably throughout the season at a reserve guard post. His presence has strengthened the Crimson line considerably.