Inter-House Debating Plan Extended to Include Non-House Men, Commuters in Unit--Hicks Debates Morrison Thursday

History Counselors Make Offer To Compose Bibliography For House Speakers

Inter-House debating is to be extended to men living in Apley, Claverly, boarding houses, and other dormitories, it was announced yesterday by Debating Council officers.

At the outset restricted to commuters, the intramural debating plan has been enlarged to include the non-House men because of requests received from this group. It will form, combined with the commuters, the eighth inter-House unit.

Simultaneously, it was revealed that the American History Counselors have offered their services to the inter-House debating director, expressing their willingness to assist in any way possible the plan. It is expected that they will help by preparing bibliographies, or even participating in the debates themselves.

Hicks May Speak

It is rumored that Granville Hicks '23, American History Counselor for Adams will debate Thursday against his Leverett classmate Theodore Morrison '23, assistant professor of English, in the Goldcoasters' Common Room. The subject is to deal with social significance in literature.

Supplementary trials for inter-House teams will take place tonight at 7:30 o'clock in the Leverett Common Room. Subjects of the trials, for men who missed the individual House trials, are: Roosevelt's third term, the Reorganization bill, athletic scholarships, and movies: beneficial or harmful. Trials speeches are to be three minutes long.