DEBATERS ARGUE NAVAL EXPANSION WITH BATES

COUNCIL PLANS JEWELL, VASSAR DEBATES SOON

The Harvard Debating Council swings into action over the radio again today as it defends the topic: "Resolved, That the Administration's naval expansion program is for the best interest of America," against the Bates College team at 2:30 o'clock.

Tomorrow another team faces a group from the William Jewell College, when it will debate the negative side of the question: "Resolved, That the New Deal's policy of business administration is detrimental to the best interests of small business." In its second coeducational debate, the Council will meet Vassar College and endeavor to prove that women are not qualified as jurors.

Third Debate Broadcast

Today's debate will be the third in a series of broadcasts over station WAAB. Holding forth for the Harvard team will be George Fox '38, President of the New England Intercollegiate Flying Association, a member of the Harvard Student Union, and in 1936 an exchange scholar to Ligan University, Canton, China, and Stanley Herzfeld '39, a member of the CRIMSON editorial Board, and the Harvard Student Union.

The team that faces William Jewell College will be made up of Sidney Dorfman '39, a member of the Guardian and Treasurer of the Debating Council, Malcolm Wilkey '40 and Victor Vaughan '40.

Defeated Williams

Last Wednesday, the Debating Council hung up another victory by defeating the Williams team in a contest which was broadcast over Station WAAB. The Subject was: "Resolved, That the New Deal business administration is detrimental to small business." The first radio debate was against the Brown debaters over the same station.