Decry Use of Surprise $3,000 Yearbook Gain

Law School Students Object to Taking Profits of Annual In First Year

Strong reverberations of protest echoed through the Law School early this week over the appropriation of $3,000 worth of profits from the school's first yearbook, published in January.

First of its kind in any institution of law, the annual was organized and directed by Charles W. Steadman 3L from the University of Nebraska and John H. Letsinger 3L of Bloomfield, Indians. Twelve hundred copies were sold up to the date of publication at $5 each.

According to a contract with Phillips Brooks House, which agreed to underwrite the enterprise, 30 per cent of the profits would be returned for the law library fund. The social service center entered the agreement with the possibility they might suffer a loss and has indicated surprise at the yearbook's success.

Meanwhile it was believed that a special Faculty investigating committee was considering establishing the annual on a permanent basis. Provision to appoint a member of the Law School to the presidency of the album committee is the chief plank in their program.