POET'S THEATRE FILLS 'ALCESTIS' FINAL CAST

BERSSENBRUGGE DIRECTS PLAY OPENING NEXT WEEK

The Poet's Theatre of Harvard has recruited the final cast for its production of the "Alcestis" of Euripides, scheduled for presentation on the evenings of May 19, 20, and 21 in Sanders Theatre.

Versatile Miss Dorothy Sands has been chosen for the title role of Alcestis. The role of Admetus, her husband, will be played by Michael Linenthal, 37. John Profit appears as Hercules, the Greek counterpart of a modern gridiron hero.

Robert de Lany plays the role of the Choragus, while Miss Margaret White will play the part of Alcestis maid servant. Robert Nichols is the father, Pheres, and manservant Walter B. Perkins '41 will admonish Hercules.

The version employed by the Poet's Theatre is the recent translation by Dudley Fitts '25 and Robert S. Fitzgerald '31.

William B. Berssen brugge '37 will direct the production and Mrs. Emily Hurris is coaching the singing chorus. Mrs. Martha Eliot will direct the movements of the chorus. Orchestral accompaniment for the singing chorus will be played by the Plerian Sodality, directed by Malcolm H. Holmes '28.

Alfonso Ossorio will design the costumes for "Alcestis," and Dr. A. M. G. Little of the Classics Department has made the settings, while Robert D. Woodward '37 is stage-manager and Henry Urews is the House Business Manager.

Tickets for the "Alcestis" are now on at the Harvard Coop, Leavitt and sale and may be procured at the Herrick, Burke, and Tyson ticket agencies; Pierce's and by application to the Poet's Theatre, at Phillips Brooks House.