RHODE ISLAND NINE FACES MITCHELLMEN

REGULAR LINEUP

In its second of three games outside the league scheduled this week, the Varsity baseball team will today oppose a strong Rhode Island State nine at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

Tom Healey will probably start for the Crimson on the mound, with a possibility of Eddie Ingalls getting the starting call. Coach Fred Mitchell must save one of his hurlers for the Holy Cross encounter Saturday. Because the Holy Cross nine is death on fast pitching, the Varsity mentor may use Ingalls today and Artie Johns on Saturday.

To date the Crimson has been noticeably weak in games outside the circuit. With either Healey or Ingalls on the slab this afternoon, the highly touted Rhode Islanders may receive a surprising setback by the Eastern Intercollegiate League leading Mitchellmen.

R. I. Tripped Holy Cross.88

Coached by Frank Kenny, the Rhode Island team white-washed Brown 6-0 and upset the powerful Holy Cross nine 7-2. Against the Crimson today, Kenny will use his ace pitcher and captain, George Hines, who is the only Senior on the team. Outside of the Sophomore catcher, Rene Duranleau, the entire time is made up of Juniors.

Mitchell will use his regular lineup with Bob Fulton, who teamed with Healey last year as Yardling battery mates, behind the plate. In recent games, Fulton has alternated with Paul Doyle and Ellie Bacon in the backstop berth.

In all games played this year, the Varsity has won 11 and lost seven. Five of the setbacks were to non-league foes, while the Crimson has won seven of its league games.

Although Captain Ulysses Lupien's average of .438 in league batting is tops for the team in circuit games, Johns is first at bat for the entire season with .368, followed by Lupe with .355, and Bob Gannett with .304