Dartmouth Leads Basketball League; McGill Ties Toronto in Hockey Race

Canadians Hold Three Rungs; Indians and Crimson Tied In Ivy League

McGill's ascent into a first-place tie with Toronto in the International Division and Princeton's 12-1 victory over Yale were twin highlights of the International Intercollegiate Ice Hockey League competition last week. McGill turned back one of the chief rivals for the crown it is defending, Queens University, 7 to 3, while Princeton scored its first triumph in Quadrangular League play and its second in greater-league competition by turning in the highest score made in the circuit this season.

Although eleven men figured in the scoring, it was Princeton's junior line of Bob Bordley, Horatio Turner and Ralph Wyer, called by Coach Dick Vaughan as good a forward line as any in college hockey, that inflicted the major punishment on the Blue. Among them, this trio accounted for 5 goals and 9 assists, Wyer himself getting 5 assists.

his team's victory as a springboard to leap into first place in the race for individual high-scoring honors. He tallied 2 goals and 2 assists and brought his point total for the season to 11, Princeton's Wyer rose to second place with 10 points, while Bill Morrison, of Toronto, is tied for third with Mel Williamson, of Queens, each with 9. McConnell was the league's high scorer in 1938. STANDINGS OF THE TEAMS College  Won  Lost  Pts Toronto  3  0  6 McGill  3  0  6 Queens  3  2  6 Harvard  2  1  4 Princeton  2  2  4 Dartmouth  1  2  2 Yale  1  3  2 Montreal  0  5  0 Quadrangular League Dartmouth  1  0  2 Harvard  1  0  2 Princeton  1  1  2 Yale  0  2  0