BOOTERS OPEN SEASON AT WILLIAMS TOMORROW

COACH CARR ANNOUNCES STARTING LINEUP

The Crimson booters open their season tomorrow afternoon against a tough Williams eleven, and Coach Jack Carr has spent the past week giving the finishing touches to his team whose inexperience showed up so glaringly last Saturday in the practice game.

If there is one quality in which Williams has a surplus it is that very experience which Harvard lacks. The Purple forward line is playing as a unit for the second straight year and is likely to cause trouble in the Crimson backfield, weakest link in the team.

Williams lost Saturday to Yale when the Elis scored two goals in the first seven minutes before the strong Williams defense settled down. For the rest of the game play was even, and the score at the end was 3-1 in favor of the Blue.

The Crimson lineup, as Carr announced it yesterday, will consist of Howey Mendel, captain, left outside; Prenny Willetts, left inside; Art Page, center forward; Ernie Staber, right inside: Gordon Halstead, right outside; Charley dAutremont, left half; Jim Rousmaniere, center half; Bunny Barnes, right half; Bill Edgar, left fullback; David Ives, right fullback; and George Hanford or Jack Penson, at goal.

The outcome of the game at Williams-town ought to give some definite indications of the chances of the Crimson soccer team in league competition this year.