Wilford Saeger Quits as Bursar; Murray Gives Up English Post

Deane Waldo Malott Resigns Positions on Business School Faculty

Resignations of several well known University officers were received and accepted at the last meeting of the Corporation, it was announced on Saturday.

Wilford Cook Saeger '04, whose signature graced tens of thousands of Bursar's Cards, has resigned as Bursar because of ill health, after holding the position for twelve years. Saeger has been kept from his work in Lehman Hall since early in the summer because of illness.

Murray Resigns

The resignation of John Tucker Murray, professor of English, was also announced. Professor Murray has been a noted authority on Shakespeare and was well known for his courses on modern drama. Murray has been at Harvard ever since his graduation in 1897 first as an instructor, and later as an associate professor and professor.

Deane Waldo Malott, associate professor of Business and Assistant Dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration, also resigned from the University. Malott was a graduate of the University of Kansas, and in 1923 graduated from the Business School with which he has been connected ever since.

Wallace Leaves Economics Department

The Economics Department has lost Assistant Professor Donald Holmes Wallace '24. Wallace received his A.M. from Harvard in 1928 and his Ph.D. three years later. He was appointed Assistant Professor in 1937 and he has been a tutor in the Division of History, Government, and Economics since 1927.

Edwin Mims, Jr., who left Cambridge last winter because of ill health, resigned his appointment as instructor in Government and tutor in the Department of Government.

Two resignations in the English Department were also accepted by the Corporation. These were from Reuben A. Brower, who once taught Greek and Latin besides being an instructor and a tutor in the English Department, and from Franklin B. Williams, instructor in English.