Varsity Booters Gain 4-0 Win In Tilt with Poor Brown Team

Edgar and Page Score All Goals In First Half; Carr's Shift Successful

Clicking with championship precision throughout the first half, the Crimson booters ran up a 4 to 0 lead on a weak Brown team Saturday afternoon and succeeded in maintaining it to the end of the game.

Art Page and Bill Edgar accounted for all four of the Harvard goals, Page scoring the first two in the first period, and Edgar the second two in the next.

Page, in his position at right outside, was the star of the game for the Harvard forces. Not only did he make his two scores after nine minutes and 18 minutes of the first period, but he peppered the Bruin goal with shots all through the game.

Edgar Makes Quick Scores

Edgar's scores came within two minutes of each other, one after two and one after four minutes of the second period. The first one was on a play which came within an ace of being called back for an offside, while the second was on the most beautiful shot of the afternoon, a whistling liner which traveled a quarter of the length of the field and just snaked into the the net under the crossbar.

Coach Jack Carr's shift in the lineup worked out very successfully, adding punch to the forward line by the addition of Edgar, and bolstering up the halfbacks with David Ives. Greatest blow of the game was the loss of Jim Davidge, starting his first game at fullback, through a knee injury in the first period.

As it has all season, the team was not as good in the second half as it had been the first, but thanks to the work of Jack Penson, who has developed from a good to a star goalie in the space of three weeks, the Crimson scored its second shutout of the year.

Friday the team meets the strong Eli outfit, whose record is only marred by one defeat and one tie. The Yale eleven trounced Brown 8 to 0 in one of the first games of the season.

Davidge was replaced at right full by Roger Oresman, who was hampered by a lack of experience, it is possible that Carr will be forced to return either Ives or Edgar to fullback to bolster the defense. Ives up till last week had been playing full, while Edgar had been at half.