YARDLING SOCCER TEAM EDGES BRUIN FRESHMEN

Mayger, Willetts, and Miller Score in 2-1 Win, as Last Period Rushes Break Down Brown Defense

With a brilliant exhibition of teamplay, the Yardling soccer team toppled a strong Brown eleven 3 to 1 in a hard-fought match Saturday.

The two teams battled to a deadlock in the first half, but after Bill Mayger's free kick in the third period gave the Crimson its first score, the Harvard scoring machine began to roll. With a spurt of excellent passing, heading, and cooperation, the MacDonald men stormed the Brown goal and opened the way for tallies by Mal Miller and George Willetts.

Before they were stunned by this last period attack, the Bruins showed much power, both offensively and defensively. Late in the third period in a quick rush on the Crimson net, Keppler booted in their sole score.

The Yardling forward line was well supported by the halfbacks, of whom Ollie Biddle and Albie Merck were outstanding. To these two goes most of the credit for checking Brown's final desperate drives.

This victory showed definitely that the Cubs are well primed for next Saturday's all-important Yale game.