Harvard Favored In Ten of Eleven Sports Forecasts

Superior Backfield and Improved Line Gives Crimson Edge Over Yale Today

Bill Cunningham of the Post: "Harvard, 14 to 7. Yale's been slugged around all season with a tough schedule. They'll put up a great fight in the first half, then probably tire. After that the Elis won't be able to do much more than pass and pray. Harvard has much better running hacks; but it should be a hell of a game of tactics.

Dave Glueck of the Record: "Harvard, 21 to 7. The Crimson running attack is superior, and her passing almost equal to that of Yale. Past performances give the Cantabs a decided edge."

Ben Browker of the Transcript: "Harvard by two touchdowns. I've seen both teams and the Crimson has a definitely superior eleven, the main reason being Captain Torbie Macdonald."

Dave Egan of the Record: "Harvard by one touchdown. Dick Harlow is the greatest coach in the game, which should prove an all-important factor. I wish the boys all the luck in the world."

Joe Cashman of the American: "Harvard by two touchdowns. I've watched Harvard closely all year and they've showed definite improvements with each start. The Sophomores in the Harvard lineup have learned more with each game. Yale, on the other hand, has become weaker as the season progressed."

Art Siegel of the Traveler: "Harvard by one touchdown. With Macdonald and Spreyer in there the Crimson has a much more diversified attack; and should Lee start at the wing post in the same backfield Harvard will have too much speed for the Elis."

Jerry Nason of the Globe: "Harvard by 14 to 10. It should be a particularly hard fought battle though, because of Yale's excellent line. The Harvard forward wall has improved greatly, especially the running linemen who should lead the Cantabs to a pair of touchdown via the ground route.

Art Sampson of the Herald: "Harvard, Yale boasts a strong defensive line; but with the exception of aerial work, her offense doesn't amount to much. The Crimson backfield is outstanding and Harlow has a better all-round attack."

Web Morse of the Christian Science Monitor: "Harvard. I figure the two lines are pretty close to eleven. The Cantabs however, have a decided edge in the backfield with more and better ball carriers."

Vie Jones of the Globe: "Harvard by one or two touchdowns. Harlow has a superior all-round ball-club and more dangerous backs. It may be a thriller."

Sam Cohen of the Record: "Harvard, 27 to 7. Captain Torbert Macdonald should have a great day in leading the Crimson eleven to an easy victory. After sitting on the bench all season Torby will be all pepped up and raring to tame the Bulldog again."