Enthusiastic Rally Cheers as Underdog Varsity Eleven Embarks for Princeton

Tiger Tackle, Hurt Saturday Will Be Operated On Today As Blood Poisoning Sets In

By Sheffield West

Princeton's Varsity tackle, Don Herring, will have his leg amputated at noon today, his father announced last night.

Out-manned, out-weighed, out-everything, the Varsity football team today entrains for Princeton with every intention of returning with its third straight victory over the Nassau Tiger on Saturday.

Despite the knowledge that an already weak team will be without the services of its captain, Torbie Macdonald, and two other regulars, Moses Hallett and Joe Koufman, 600 undergraduates yesterday reechoed their faith in the Harvard Varsity at a mass rally in front of the Dillon Field House.

Behind the Harvard band, the student throng marched to the field to hear speeches by Macdonald, Bill Bingham, Tack Hardwick, Dick Harlow, and manager John Atherton. All expressed the hope and the belief that Harvard would reach its turning-point as in the past two years with the Princeton game.

Healey Only Starter Last Year

In the starting lineup tomorrow will be seven Sophomores, three of last year's reserves, and only one man, Tom Healey, who started against the Princeton eleven a year ago in the Stadium. To bring further gloom to Harvard rooters, Dick Harlow yesterday announced that neither Macdonald nor Hallett would see any action Saturday. Chances are that they won't even dress.

The ends will be MacKinney and Devine; the tackles, Miller and Healey; the guards, Peabody and Puster; Ayres will be at center. In the backfield will be Spreyer at tailback, and Coleman at quarterback.

Princeton Favored

On paper and by record, Princeton will be an overwhelming favorite not only to break Harvard's string of victories but to carry off the Crimson's Big Three Championship. To date the Tiger has suffered but a single loss to Cornell's highly-rated eleven, 20-7.