VARSITY STICKMEN TIE IN PRACTICE ENCOUNTER

Harvard Not Up to Standard in Game With Junior Olympics at Skating Club

By Peter Dammann

Sparring and parrying for 90 minutes with the evenly matched Junior Olympics, the Varsity hockey team tied a practice game 5 to 5 in the last few seconds of play at the Skating Club last night.

With neither side playing at its usual game pitch, the score was hardly indicative of the Crimson's strength. Coach Clark Hodder played almost all of his substitutes in an attempt to whip his lines into shape before the B.U. encounter Tuesday evening.

Early in the game, the first two offensive lines with Vint Freedley at the goal were able to build up a two point lead, but as Coach Hodder played more of his reserves, the Junior Olympics snatched away the Crimson earnings. They edged the Hoddermen until the last two seconds of play when Warren Winslow sank the tying score.

First Lines Shine

Coach Clark Hodder's first two offensive tries were in good form last night with Bob Perkins the only absence in the ranks. Gordy McGrath and Dem Lloyd, who both accounted for Crimson goals, alternated at Perkins' berth in the first line.

Breaking through the Olympic defense early in the game, Dave Eaton made the initial tally, and Captain Bill Coleman struck gold in the last few minutes of play.

The Crimson missed the services of Vint Freedley, who only played in the first few minutes, but the reserve netmen showed up well considering the fact that they have seen little active service.

After the Varsity game the Freshmen met a strong second Junior Olympic sextet, the Rangers, and were defeated 6 to 1. Fred Bacon made the lone tally for the Yardlings.