SKI CLUB'S PETITION IS APPROVED BY COUNCIL

ORGANIZATION MEETING OF CLUB HELD IN WINTHROP

Attempts to improve the status of skiing in the University were aided last night when the Student Council passed a resolution asking the Athletic Association to give financial assistance to skiing, and by an informal meeting attended by 160 prospective members of the Ski Club in Winthrop House.

The resolution passed by the Council was the result of a petition signed by 568 undergraduates, asking for a subsidy for the club and requesting the Athletic Association to supply a coach. It stressed the increase of interest among the students, as shown especially by the amount of work they accomplished in building the new cabin in Jackson, New Hampshire. It will not become final until it has been passed by the Athletic Council.

Representatives Issue Bulletin

Along with the petition, representatives of the Club handed in a 53 page bulletin listing all the activities of their organization, financial reports, statements by doctors advising the services of a ski coach to reduce the number of injuries, names of the petitioners, and a resume of skiing in Eastern colleges.

Alexander R. Bright '19 talked informally at the get-together in Winthrop House, giving suggestions for pre-season conditioning. "You can beat Dartmouth this winter by getting those legs in shape for the bumps of the trails, and Harvard has a good chance this year to break the long string of Dartmouth victories."