Pucksters Beat Princeton as Quintet Loses to Penn

LATE RALLY FAILS

A one man team in the form of Tony Mischo with 20 points was the only barrier which thwarted Wes Fesler's hoopmen from smashing a 35 year jinx Saturday night and handing Pennsylvania a defeat in their Palestra at Philadelphia. The Penn cagers won 38 to 35.

Mischo was an offensive demon, being fed continually by his mates, but Crimson stalwarts Lutz and Heckel came close to matching his dazzling efforts. Sporting a 20 to 16 half-time lead the Quakers were not threatened until the final two minute. But then they had to stall frantically as the Crimson closed the gap to only 38 to 35 just before the gun barked.

Crimson Start Slowly

the Feslermen started very slowly and soon found themselves on the shortened of a 10 to 4 count, but after that the edge in the play really belonged to them. they controlled the ball most of the contest but the glaring trouble was simply that no one could stop Mischo.

Jitterbug Sam White at guard turned in another nice game offensively, collecting seven points. Lack of scoring punch in the back court has been a Crimson weakness all year, but in recent games Sam has provided a partial solution to the problem.

Coach Stahley's Freshmen suffered their season's second defeat against the Dartmouth cubs Saturday in a heart breaking 43 to 42 game.