HOUSE HOCKEY RAISES TIME ALLOTMENT ISSUE

CLAIM HODDER GIVING TOO MUCH TIME TO JAYVEES

With the organization of intramural hockey there has arisen a dispute as to the relative amount of time the Varsity and the House teams should each have.

There has been organized in the Houses a group of stickmen that are campaigning for more time for inter-House hockey practice. The dispute seems to be centered around the fact that Coach Hodder has alloted an "unreasonable" amount of time to the unofficial Jayvee squad.

The time alloted to Harvard hockey is set by an agreement with the Boston Skating Club and any time which the Houses get is through the Athletic Association; six more hours have been given over to intramural competition since the round-robin system has been decided upon, but there is still no time allowed for practice for the Houses as the round-robin schedule takes all the time that is available.

"With Harding, Jameson, and Houghton graduating in the spring the Varsity will have to draw on the Houses for material," a House puckman argues. The opposition seems to claim that this is the reason Coach Hodder is alloting so much time to his Jayvees.

With a hundred to a hundred and fifty reporting for House hockey at each game the dispute will become more acute when the expected two hundred puckmen come out for intramural competition.

"There has been a great interest in hockey, and I expect it will increase next year. We started late this year because the arena was not finished and that might account for our being cramped for time; naturally we will start earlier next year," commented Adolf Samborski, Director of Instramural Athletics.