Crimson Scores Only Two Wins in First Round Of Intercollegiate Wrestling Championships

Daughaday and Boston Gain Falls To Win Sole Cantab Points In Opening Bouts

Unimpressive in the first round of the Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Tournament, the Crimson grapplers only garnered two wins yesterday as Bill Daughaday at 165 and "Chief" Boston in the unlimited weight won by falls.

For the most part the Harvard grapplers succeeded in drawing renowned opponents for their first battles. In the second round, Boston defeated Wolf of Penn, and Daughaday boat Clark of Yale, who had previously beaten him.

In the 121 pound class, Captain Harvey Ross was outwrestled by Lehigh's stellar Oless, who has been wrestling at 128 for most of the season. However, Bill Daughaday came through with a spectacular pin over Matheson of Syracuse. Boston lived up to the best of hopes with his fall over Harrison of Cornell.

The greatest disappointment came in the 145 pound class as Bruce Richardson was defeated with a fall by Becker of Syracuse. In a close battle, Pete Ill-man was downed by John Bird of Yale in the 155 pound class, and Ted Schoenberg was nosed out for a decision by Norman Bond of Penn. who had defeated him earlier in the season. Another close bout was fought between Duncan Longcope and Bortz, a stellar Penn. State wrestler.

In the 135 pound class, a newcomer to the Crimson ranks, Tom Bowman went to defeat with a fall at the hands of Captain Waldo Bird of the Yale Team.