Great Opportunity for Freshmen to Gain Positions on Next Year's Varsity Football Team, According to Coach Harlow

16 of 22 Letter Men Leave This Year--Spring Practice to Begin Next Week

"We are going to work and work hard," said Coach Dick Harlow, talking of the coming spring practice just before he left on his southern trip. "What we want," he continued, "is a group of boys who really love the game and are willing to get out there and give it all they've got."

Concerning the prospects of the coming season Harlow had little to say except that with sixteen of the twenty-two letter men graduating it was a big chance for the Freshmen. In order that they can get an opportunity to learn the system and to practice by themselves before the members of the Varsity come out, they are getting the call a week early on March 16.

Actual plans for practice include thorough drill on fundamentals and the weekly showing of moving pictures. Plays, faking, and blocking will be particularly emphasized in the practice that will start in the cage and move out as soon as the weather permits.

Already considerable work on these fundamentals has been done during the winter in the gym. Under the tutelage of Harlow, Torbie Macdonald, and other Varsity coaches, a group mostly of Freshmen have had their initiation into the Harlow system and have drilled on ball-handling, faking, and guard pulling.

Practice will last until May 1 with one week out for the Easter vacation. In that space of time Dick hopes to get a real line on the Freshmen and to do a great deal of the necessary work towards next fall's success.