HEALEY GIVES FOUR HITS AS STAHLMEN BEAT TIGERS 7 TO 0

Slim Curtiss Scheduled to Take Mound Against Much Improved Quaker Nine This Afternoon

By E. O. Cerf, Sports Editor, and Daily Princetonian, (Special Dispatch to the CRIMSON)s

Coasting along safely behind big Tom Healey's masterful four hit twirling, the Crimson Varsity batsmen jumped on Princeton's Lefty Farber, combed him for 13 safe blows and seven runs over the nine inning route, and chalked up a well-earned 7 to 0 win in Tiger-town yesterday.

The Stahlmen put together four bingles, a fielder's choice, and a double steal to account for two runs in the third inning and to all purposes won the ball game right there. Big Tom breezed along, mowing the Tigers down relentlessly, and the infield support behind him was just about air-tight.

Two Runs

Art Johns and Bob Gannett provided those first two markers, and Dick Grondahl squeezed across another in the fifth canto. Art Johns walked in the seventh, was sacrificed to second, and came home on Lupe Luplen's single one of the three base knocks he collected off Farber yesterday afternoon.

After Bill Tully and Bob Fulton had combined to make it 5 to 0, the Tigers rallied in their half of the eighth and managed to get a man around as far as third. In the ninth the top of the Crimson batting order landed on Farber with a vengeance and got four hits, with two of them being good for extra bases.

Dick Grondahl opened the festivities with a ringing triple, and Lupien sent him across with a double. Tully and Fulton completed the rally with successive singles driving across Lupien with the second tally of the inning. HARVARD BOX SCORE   ab  r  bh  po  a  e Johns, 2b  2  2  1  3  5  0 Gannett, cf  4  1  1  1  0  0 Grondahl, 3b  5  2  2  0  3  0 Lupien, 1b  5  1  3  14  1  0 Hoye, lf  5  0  1  0  0  0 Tully, rf  3  1  2  4  0  0 Fulton, c  5  0  3  4  0  0 Heckel, ss  5  0  0  1  5  1 Healey, p  4  0  0  0  4  0 Totals  38  7  13  27  18  1

INNINGS  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 HARVARD  0  0  2  0  1  0  1  1  2--7 PRINCETON  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0--0

Crimson Meet Penn

The touring Cantab nine goes out after its second victory in as many days with veteran Harold (Slim) Curtiss going on the mound to try to tams the ambitions Pennsylvanians at Philadelphia this afternoon.

This Quakers found themselves lodged in the League cellar after the smoke had cleared away from last year's competition, and they are contemplating a big rise this spring. Colorful Frank Reagan, who will do the twirling today for the Carissmen, is one of the main reasons for Quaker optimism. Diven, Trexler, and Ogden are the big guns in the home team's attack, and these boys are primed to take full advantage of the short right field barrier on their ball park.

The game is liable to turn into a slugfest, but the visiting Stahlmen have indicated that they will be more than at home in such a contest, and they ought to chalk up their third triumph in as many League starts

Crimson Meet Penn

Crimson Meet Penn