WILLIAM ALLEN WHITE WILL LECTURE TONIGHT

WHITE IS GUEST OF PRESIDENT CONANT IN STAY HERE

Arriving here today for a series of three lectures on the "Changing West" which begins at 8 o'clock tonight in the New Lecture Hall, William Allen White, famous journalist and editor of the Emporia, Kansas, "Gazette," will be the guest of President Conant during his stay.

"What Was the West?" is the title of White's lecture this evening, to be given under the auspices of the American Civilization Committee. He will talk on "What Is the West?" tomorrow evening and will conclude the series with "How Will the West Survive?" Monday, May 1.

To Serve With Pulltzer Group

He will interrupt his series of lectures, attending a meeting of the Pulitzer Prize Committee in New York. He served with the Red Cross in France during the war.

Prominent in the Republican Party for many years, the journalist began his career on the Kansas City "Star" in 1891. In 1895 he bought the Emporia "Gazette," which he developed into one of the leading papers of the West.

Besides editing and writing for his own paper, White has published several novels, and numerous essays and biographies. "A Certain Rich Man," his first novel, was published in 1909. His "Life of Woodrow Wilson," "Calvic Coolidge," and its sequel, the "Puritan In Babylon," published last year are among his more famous biographies.