Henley Winning 1914 Jayvee Crew, Led By Saltonstall, Reassembles Tomorrow

Championship Eight Will Push Off at Newell Boathouse Tomorrow at Five

The 1914 Harvard Jayvee crew, feature Governor Leverett Saltonstall, which won the Grand Challenge Cup race in the Henley Royal Regatin at Henley, England 25 years ago, will take to the water again tomorrow afternoon at Newell boathouse at five o'clock.

Governor Saltonstall was the captain and bow of that championship eight. They are rowing tomorrow to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the boath's Henley victory and as a part of the 25th reunion festivities of the class of 1914, of which Governor Saltonstall in a member.

From Fours to Eights

The 1914 Junior Varsity crew was coached by Report F. Horrick '95, a great benefactor of Harvard rowing. According to the H book of Harvard athletics, the second crews between 1899 and 1914 had rowed their annual races in fours. The change was made to eights in 1914 for Harvard's trip to Henley.

The boating of the crew for the Henley regatta follows: Bow L. Saltonstall '14 Capt.  165  6.00 2  J. Talcott, '16  168  6.00 3  H. H. Meyer '15  176  6.01 4  H. S. Middendorf, '16  182  6.01 5  J. W. Middendorf '16  183  6.01 6  D. P. Morgan '16  173  5.11 7  L. Curtis '16  178  6.03 str. C. C. Lund '16  169  6.00 cox H. L. F. Kreger '16  106  5.06

Of the members of the crew, James Talcott is now a New York merchant; Henry Meyer and Laurence Curtis are Boston lawyers; Henry and John Middendorf are Baltimore financiers; David Morgan is a New York financier; Charles Lund in a Boston physician; and Henry Kreger is a Cleveland lawyer.

The 1914 eight will use the same shell in which they won at Henley. The shell is known as No. 15, and has recently been used by the Harvard 150-pound crew.