REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS

OCTOBER 16, 1940. 7 A.M. TO 9 P.M.

The University has offered to assist Cambridge and Boston election officials in carrying out the provisions for registration under the Selective Service Act. The registrants from the various divisions of the University are asked to report to the places designated below: Group  Place HARVARD COLLEGE  Widener Library GRADUATE SCHOOLS  Memorial Hall Arts and Sciences  " Design  " Divinity School  " Education  " Engineering  " Public Administration  " BUSINESS SCHOOL  Baker Library LAW SCHOOL  Langdell Hall   (by appointment) MEDICAL SCHOOL  Building B-2 Dental School  (schedule posted) School of Public Health

The following schedule has been worked out to avoid delay and congestion. It is expected that registration will adhere to this schedule whenever possible.

A--F 7 o'clock to 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock to 4 o'clock

G--M 10 o'clock to 12 noon or 4 o'clock to 6 o'clock

N--Z 12 noon to 2 o'clock or 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock

N.B. Except as otherwise provided in this Act, it shall be the duty of every male citizen of the United States, and of every male alien residing in the United States, who, on the day or days fixed for the first or any subsequent registration, is between the ages of 21 to 36, to present himself for and submit to registration at such time or times and place or places, and in such manner and in such age group or groups, as shall be determined by rules and regulation prescribed hereunder.

Sec. 2, Selective Training and Service Act of 1940

Students who run into difficulties ties with their registrar may appeal to a Chief Registrar who will be present at the above places.

An advisory committee on civil rights including Zachariah Chafee, Langdell Professor of Law; Kirtley F. Mather, professor of Geology; Arthur N. Holcombe, professor of Government; Morris B. Lamble, professor of Government; Henry J. Cadbury, director of the Andover Harvard Theological Library; and Raymond Dennett, Graduate Secretary of P. B. H., will advise conscientious objectors, provide information, and give legal advice concerning the Selective Service Act.

Office hours are Monday and Tuesday from 4 to 6 o'clock and by appointment.

It should be emphasized, however, that such students must register.

Foreign students are also required to register.