GOLD COAST TIES ELIOT, WINS '40 HOUSE FOOTBALL CROWN

Bunnies Beat Dudley 12-0 Last Games Come Today

With their record still unblemished after a 0-0 tie with Eliot yesterday afternoon, the Gold Coasters have definitely won the House football trophy, according to official ratings released by Adolph F. Samborski, director of intramural athletics, yesterday.

The Adams team has piled up a total of 12 points, having won five games and tied two. Winthrop is slated for second place, although whether or not it is alone in this honor depends upon the outcome of this afternoon's games. If the Puritans lose to Dunster and Kirkland beats Lowell, Winthrop and Kirkland will tie for second place with eight points each.

Leverett Third

In any case, Leverett has copped the third position in the series, after trouncing the Commuters 12-0 in the second game yesterday. The Bunnies have taken three games, lost three, and tied the remaining one.

Yesterday's game was a fitting climax to the erratic season of the Elephants.

Fresh from defeat at the hands of the hopelessly weak Lowell aggregation, the Morri-men pulled themselves together to hold mighty Adams to a scoreless tie. The gold Coasters, afraid to pass because of the slippery ball, couldn't break through the iron line of Elephants to score, though they threatened more than once.

"Cully" Culliton managed to break through for several good runs, but the Eliot boys always rallied in time to prevent a score. Frank Snyder and Dave Romsoy starred for Eliot.

Palm Scores Twice

In the second game of the afternoon, the Bunnies waded through the mud for a 12-0 win over Dudley. The first score was set up in the second quarter, when Leverett recovered a fumbled kick. Charlie Palm made the tally on a 17 yard off-tackle smash.

The second touchdown, occurring in the last period, climaxed a 40 yard Bunny march. Palm again made the score on a long end run. Kim Monkman, Jack Hughes, and Dick Jason also battled effectively for the winners, while Al Avergun started for the Commuters.