GOLD COASTER ELEVEN DROPS HOUSE GRID CROWN TO YALE

Adams Passes Foiled By Eli; Kirkland Loses Touch Game

Timothy Dwight's eleven rolled up a 13-0 victory over Adams to clinch the Harvard-Yale House championship on Friday afternoon. The Gold Coasters had banked heavily on their passing attack, and when Yale interceptions turned it into a boomerang, were forced to rely on their weaker running plays.

Several times the Crimson team fought its way down the field only to be repulsed before pay-dirt, and did not bog down until the third quarter, when they lost the ball on downs near the Yale 15 yard line. Phil Neagle and Sam May, Crimson linemen, sparked a defensive which stopped the winners running plays cold.

Biggest ground gainer was Tom Lacey, who won the distinction on his consistently powerful line bucks. Cully Cullington, although not as steady, broke loose for several thirty yard runs which boosted the hopes of Harvard supporters. The Crimson lost several valuable players during the course of the game. End George Kuhn, who has starred throughout the season, was benched by a knee injury in the first period, and Lidstone, understudy for center Pitts played most of the game.

After smothering the Crimson pass attack, Yale took the offensive early in the first period, when fullback Ed Pope carried back a punt for twenty yards. Taking to the air themselves, the men in blue completed a series of passes which led to the two touchdowns.

Beginning the second half with a strong bid for a tally, the Coasters showed of the fighting spirit that has brought them to the top of Harvard's House team list. A weakness in down the field blocking, which has hampered them more than anything else in the past, begged down the drive, and the game ended with neither side threatening strongly.

Injuries sustained during the game slowed the Coasters up considerably, but no one can say that Yale's victory was not won by superior playing. Watchers and players agreed that their blocking outclassed that of the Crimson, and there is, little doubt that without it the aerial bombardment could never have succeeded.

Kirkland Drops Touch Game

Another defeat marred the weekend when Trumbull College eked out a 6-4 victory over Kirkland in a wild and closely contested game. The Deacons started with a bang, pushing over their first touchdown on the second play, but began to go down hill in the second half under the adoption of a man-to-man defense system by Yale. The closing period featured a free for all from which them Elis garnered the winning points in a razzle-dazzle passing orgy.