Dunster to Hold Forum On Economics of U. S. Defense

Williams, Hansen, Schumpeter and Others To Speak At Meeting

"National Defense and the Economic Outlook" will be the topic of the Dunster House Forum on Tuesday at 7:30 o'clock.

The large galaxy of featured speakers will discuss the effect of national defense on prices and unemployment; the wage policy that will prevail during defense preparation; the limitation of civilian consumption; the governmental control of the distribution of resources; and the possibility of inflation.

The speakers at the meeting will include John H. Williams, Dean of the Graduate School of Public Administration, Alvin H. Hansen, Lucius N. Littauer Professor of Political Economy, J. Franklin Ebersole, Professor of Finance, and Joseph A. Schumpeter, George F. Baker Professor of Economics.

Comments will follow the speeches by Professor P. A. Samuelson of M.I.T., John P. Wernette '32, Assistant Professor of Business Economy, and Paul M. Sweezy '32, Instructor of Economics.

Seymour E. Harris '20, Associate Professor of Economics will be general chairman of the meeting, and after the speeches and comments there will be open discussion from the floor.