Professor Pound Gives New Course On Lucretius, Epicureanism This Semester

Former Law School Dean to Teach Latin 9; Plans For Next Year Uncertain

Deiving into one of his many hobbies, Roscoe Pound, University Professor and former dean of the Law School, will give a new course for the Classics Department during the present semester on "Lucretius and the Epicureans in Relation to Recent Thought".

Classified in the University Register as Latin 9, the new course was specially created to make use of Professor Pound's vast knowledge of Lucretius. He described in an interview yesterday how he first developed an interest in Lucretius while he was an undergraduate at the University of Nebraska, and how he continued as a hobby his research, until today he is a recognized authority in the subject.

Professor Pound was not certain yesterday about his plans for next year, though he felt certain that he would continue to teach Government 43, "An Introduction to the History and System of Anglo-American Law", and his course in jurisprudence at the Law School.

The University's best known jack-of-all-intellects. Professor Pound found time to conduct a botanical survey of his native state of Nebraska, and to acquire quite a reputation for his knowledge of Civil War military history, while he was becoming a ranking expert in jurisprudence and serving as dean of the Law School.