SIX QUAD WINNERS RACE IN TRACK MEET HERE

Eli, Cornell Stars Threaten 600-Yard Title Of Lightbody; Yale Captain Faces Weadon

Six of 12 first place winners in the 1939 meet will return to action in the Fifth Annual Quadrangular Track and Field Meet among the Varsity and Freshman teams of Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, and Cornell in the Boston Gardon, Saturday night, February 24. In addition, two men who tied for first places in 1939 and three first place winners from the 1938 meet will compete this year.

Capt. Jay Shields of Yale, who holds the 45-yard high hurdle record of 5-7 seconds, will face Donald Weadon of Cornell, runner-up last year; Dick Osborn of Yale, who was third; Captain Robin Hartmann of Dartmouth, who was fourth, and Richard Craw, Dartmouth's sensational Sophomore.

Captain Jim Lightbody of Harvard, who made a new 600-yard record of 1 minute 12.4 seconds last year, will defend his title and attempt to lower his own record against a field which probably will include Captain Walter Zittel of Cornell and Arthur Madden, Yale's brilliant Sophomore. Harold Wonson, Dartmouth's versatile athlete, who won the mile in 4 minutes 24.4 seconds last year and who was third in the 1000-yard run, will defend his title against Emery Wingerter of Cornell.

Other returning first place winners include Fred West of Cornell in the shot put, Bill Shallow of Harvard, who set a new meet record of 55 feet 5 inches a year ago, in the 35-pound weight throw, and Donald Blount of Dartmouth in the broad jump. Blount also tied for first place in the high jump and Tom Lussen of Yale tied for first in the pole vault.