Powerful Annapolis Wrestlers Snatch All But One Match in 23-5 Shellacking

Richardson's pin in 145 Pound Class Is Sole Victory for Crimson

ANNAPOLIS, Md.--With a topheavy, score of 23-5 the Crimson wrestlers met defeat at the hands of the Midshipmen. Bruce Richardson stole the honors for the Crimson by flattening his man in seven minutes in the 145 pound class.

Outside of the one winning match, Bill Daughaday came through with a brilliant close battle with Dick King of Navy. The match went into two overtime periods, but was finally won by the Middle.

Daley Wins

The rest of the matches the Crimson lost on decisions with the exception of Louis Daley who was pinned by his opponent, David Heimark, at 135. It was Daley's first match in an outside match this year.

The Crimson manifestly did not come through with the breaks, as match after match went against them. In every case they were wrestling some of the best grapplers in the East, and while many of the Crimson wrestlers are top notch the balance must turn.

When the first match turned to the Navy as Middle star Landreth won from Ted Schoenberg, the meet was virtually won. In order to come through the victor the Harvard men had to count on the 121 pound class as a victory.

Both Blaine and Daley were given little chance to win, so the actual ruin of the hopes of winning the match was delayed until Thomas lost by a decision to bob Searle in the 155 pound class. Then it was a matter of hoping for a close score, but the cards were slacked the other way, and all the decision fell to the home team.

From such a crushing defeat the road is all uphill in preparation for the coming meet only two days away when the Crimson must face a strong Pennsylvania team in the Indoor Athletic Building on Saturday afternoon.