Crimson Schussmen Vie With Big Green in Annual Slalom

Mt. Washington Headwall Race Slated This Week-end; Many Stars to Run

The Crimson ski runners will have another chance at Dartmouth this week-end, when they meet on the headwall of Tuckerman's Ravine for the annual Harvard-Dartmouth slalom race.

Depending on weather conditions, the event will be held on either Saturday or Sunday; the Inferno race is also scheduled for the same week-end, and if there is only one good day in the Ravine, the H-D must yield to the Inferno.

Crimson Win Possible

Fifteen undergraduates and fifteen graduates from each college make up the list of entries. The boys from Hanover have the biggest stars, but judging from the past season's performances it would seem that Harvard has better than even chances of taking the meet this year. It takes more than a few individual experts to win a contest that is based on total points of all the runners and the Crimson has a long list of good skiers who are bound to finish near the top.

Bob Livermore and Peter Garrett, both graduates and skiers of national repute, will probably lead the Harvard schussmen; but Del Ames, Roger Wilson, Finn Ferner and Phil Field will all place close behind, and all are expert at winding in and out of the narrowly set bamboo poles that constitute the slalom.

Their chief opponents will be Dartmouth graduates Warren and Howard Chivers and Ted Hunter, and Perry Ride-out, who has been cleaning up for the Big Green this year. Harvard is sponsoring the meet, but the course will be set as usual by Walter Prager, Dartmouth coach.

Ames, Ferner, Tom Winship, King, and John Abbot are also entered in the grueling Inferno race, which is now definitely slated to take place after a group of workers spent the day padding the windswept floor of the ravine.