CONFY GUIDE BALLOTS DUE

Tyng in Hopes Machine Will Reduce Time Needed for Poll Tabulation

Deadline for the submission of filled out Confidential Guide ballots will be tomorrow noon, William W. Tyng '41, executive editor in charge of the poll, announced to Freshmen last night.

As soon as the poll is completed tabulation will begin on the special counting machine in University Hall, Tyng stated. The ballots were specially designed to be scored on the machine.

All Classes Next Year

If the counting of the poll is as fast by the new method as is hoped, the balloting may include all classes and all courses next year, not just Freshmen and their courses, he predicted. Last year the time taken for the counting of ballots for the Cony Guide took more than two weeks, but Tyng hopes to cut that down to a few days this year.

The blanks have been distributed to Freshmen in the Union and Dudley Hall since Thursday, and about three quarters of them have been returned completed. In order to secure as close to perfect accuracy as possible, the Confidential Guide Committee is anxious to have every Yardling fill out one of the ballots.

Archives Will Save Poll

The University Archives for the first time this year have asked to be given all the tabulations of the poll when they are completed in order that they may keep them on record. Ballots, counting work, and final results will all be saved for posterity.

The results of the poll will be used by the editors of the CRIMSON in writing the Confy Guide booklet for the aid of the Class of '44 in choosing its courses.