Heavy House Sports Program Underway

Ten Football Teams Start Practice Wednesday; Golf, Tennis Scheduled

An House secretaries and managers begin urging you to report for football on Wednesday and you read the notices urging every one to enter the tennis and golf tournament taking place next week, you will know that a heavy inter-House sports program has gotten underway.

House teams report for practice on Wednesday for a week of drill before the League games begin. With the second Freshman squad competing in the League for the first time this year, ten teams, including the eight Houses and the out-of-House men, will flight for the interdormitory championship.

New Scoring System

Not all of the teams will have time during the fall to play each other, especially since the Freshmen have four or five school contests on their schedule, so far the first time this year a new double elimination system of scoring will be used.

Under the new system, as explained by Adolph W. Samborski, director of Intramural Athletics, any team which is twice defeated is eliminated from the inter-dormitory league. If time permits, he said, other games will be scheduled for the end of the fall.

Graduate Students Coach

As last fall, former lettermen now in the graduate schools will coach the Houses, but so far the list of coaches has not been announced.

Also on the fall program is a series of inter-House touch football games which begins with a contest between Adams and Eliot, Monday, October 7. The inter-House champion plays the Eli champion on Saturday, November 23.

Tournaments Scheduled

With Monday, September 30, the last day for entries, House tennis tournaments begin on Thursday, October 3, and will be played off during the following week. House victors will play each other for the inter-House championships.

Entries in all House golf tournaments close next Tuesday, and play begins the following Wednesday. A track meet on Tuesday, October 22, and a cross country run on Tuesday, November 12, complete the inter-House schedule.