MRS. LINDBERGH, ASU HIT BY ELLIOTT FOR PEACE ATTITUDE

Professor at Tuffs, Would Support War to Save Britain

The Student Union and Mrs. Charles Lindbergh were the subjects of attack by William Y. Elliott, professor of Government, in his speech yesterday to the upperclassmen of Tufts College assembled in convocation.

Elliott labled Mrs. Lindbergh's theory of a new world based upon totalitarian systems "anthropological primitivism." He said that the old theory of democracy was not dead and could never he defeated if the United States gave Britain sufficient aid.

As for the Student Union, Elliott said that it was controlled by the Communist party. He said that the Student Union would be pro-war as soon as Russia were drawn into the conflict. "The party line is the Moscow line," Elliott declared.

In leaflets distributed before the meeting by the Student Union it was claimed that "Mr. Elliott voices the same war policy as Mr. Roosevelt and the Administration. Mr. Elliott's particular task is to convince the American students that entrance into the war is desirable."

Half way through the speech a banner was let down from the balcony which read "1941 shall not be 1917."

Later yesterday evening in a discussion during the New England Town Meeting of the Air, Elliott said he did not favor a declaration of war today but if all other means failed to save Britain it would be necessary.