HARLOW PICKS TEAM SQUAD FOR QUAKERS

John Page Named Starting Center Against Heavy Foe

Dick Harlow yesterday named the 28 men who will make the trip to Pennsylvania and indicated what his starting lineup would be for the team's opening game against the Quakers.

Captain Franny Lee, Tom Gardiner Jim Grunig, and Dick Bow, all of them injured Tuesday, dressed; but because of their ailments it was deemed inadvisable to go through with the scheduled scrimmage. Instead the team indulged in a hard non-contact workout, its last strenuous practice before Saturday's game.

Johnny Page Starting Center

The only surprise in Harlow's starting lineup is Junior--John Page at center. Although it was known that Burgy Ayres would not be able to repeat his iron-man stunt of last year against the Red and Blue, the big Senior had been working out on Team A for the past week. It is certain that Ayres will see action, and plenty of it, during the game even if he does start on the bench.

At right end will be Johnny Morgan, who is holding down his first starting assignment. Otherwise the Crimson's line is battle-seasoned. Loren MacKinney, Chub Peabody, Dick Pfister, and Tom Gardiner are all back in the same places in which they faced the Quakers for the full 60 minutes of last year's 10 to 10 tie; and mountainous Vern Miller, who spelled Pete Elser last fall, will fill the right tackle post to overflowing.

Line Averages 192

Aided by Mr. Miller's displacement, this line averages 192, but even so the Crimson will have to spot the opposition 11 pounds a man, as at current quotations the Quaker rush line averages an awing 203.

Blocking back George Heiden and tailback Franny Lee both went the stretch against Penn last year, and fullback Don McNicol played a short time in Charley Spreyer's position. The fourth member is wingback Gordy Lyle, who is up against the Mungermen for the first time. Harvard's backfield will average 177, three pounds less than the opposition's.

Hank Vander Eb Makes Trip

Hank Vander Eb, who in two plays accounted for four of Harvard's 10 tying points in last year's game, is the only other man making the trip who has played on Franklin Field.

The rest of the squad consists of Bull Barnes and Don Forte, ends; Russ Stannard and George Hibbard, tackles; Jim Aldrich, Jim Grunig, and Dick Row, guards; Burgy Ayres and Swede Anderson, centers; Dave Goldthwait and Ted Lyman, quarterbacks; Bill Wilson and Doug Pirnie, tailbacks; Greely Summers and Cleo O'Donnell, wingbacks; and Wayne Johnson, fullback.

The squad leaves tomorrow on the Midnight, and will spend Friday at the Manufacturers' Country Club in Orland, where they will work out. Besides Harlow and AI McCoy, the party will include Bill Bingham and Carroll Getchell of the H.A.A.; managers Bungy King and Dave Place; the team physician, Dr. Augustus Thorndike; trainer Jimmy Cox; Jimmy Farrell, who handles the equipment; two cheer leaders, and a photographer