HARLOW CUTS THIS WEEK'S SCRIMMAGES

Pfister Back in Lineup; Miller Has Slight Cold

In an effort to rest his players after their hard workout against Dartmouth and to keep them in as good condition as possible for Navy, Dick Harlow has planned no scrimmages for this week, it was announced yesterday.

However, there is plenty of hard work in store for the Varsity during the three short days remaining before Saturday's encounter with the Midshipmen, and contact work is the only thing which has been ruled out.

Pfister Back in Lineup

Dick Pfister was back in action, apparently completely recovered from his body injury of last Saturday, but Harlow gave Vern Miller the day off because of a slight cold. In his place George Hibbard filled in on the left tackle spot, while Bull Barnes ran through signals in Loren MacKinney's old position.

MacKinney appeared on the field complete with cleats and shoulder guards, but also with a serviceable pair of crutches which he did not hesitate to use. Wayne Johnson, another Dartmouth casualty, still has a slight limp and he spent the day on the field doing light work.

Practice Pass Offense

Impersonating Bill Busik, the Middies' triple threat tailback, Frank Swirles, led the Jayvees in a rendition of the Navy's offensive maneuvers during the early part of the afternoon.

Also a considerable time was devoted to pass offense, which was noticeably weak against Dartmouth. The A and B teams worked out against the C's with Don McNicol, Bill Wilson, Franny Lee, and Greely Summers all throwing the pigskin.

In the second team backfield Summers proved his versatility by blossoming forth in the tailback position. At the beginning of the year he was listed as a wingback, and when McNicol was out he served as a fullback. Now, apparently, he is regarded as the man to spell Wilson.