HARING REPORTS PLAN TO CREATE BODY TO IMPROVE PAN-AMERICAN RELATIONS

Stone, Kelsen Discuss War With Latin Intellectuals

That organized cultural relations are essential to hemisphere defense was the opinion expressed by three Harvard professors, yesterday, after returning from Havana.

Attending the second conference of the Committees on Intellectual Cooperation of the American Republics Clarence H. Haring, Robert Woods Bliss Professor of Latin American History and Economics, and master of Dunster House, explained: "A Pan-American executive body as a central agency for such relations will be created if returning delegates can persuade their respective countries to cooperate in the move."

After the conference, Marshall E. Stone, professor of Mathematics, and Hans Kelsen, Holmes Lecturer, took part in a three-day "platica" on "America Confronted by the World Crisis."

"A cultural organization would pave the way for a democratic unification of the Western Hemisphere," said Kelsen. "The representative intellectuals from Europe and Latin America agreed that Anglo-American cultural influence must supplies that of Germany, France, and Spain is Pan-America.

"An offensive against the faults of Axis philosophy, particularly falsehood," added Professor Stone, "could be carried on in Spain by the Latin governments where the United States would fall."

"All representatives agreed in condemnation of Axis aggression," added Professor Stone. In his part of the discussion, Kelsen made a statement in German to show that "the language could not only be used to destroy democracy but also to depend it."