LIBRARY HAS PROOF OF GERMAN WORK

Battle In Spanish Tongue Shown With Sample of Aerial Pamphlet

"La bota nazi clerne su sombre sombre America" or The Nazi boot casts its shadow over America" says the "Defense League" to South Americans in a leaflet appeal now exhibited in the second of a series of propaganda displays in the upper hall of Widener Library.

The "Liga do Defensa", a Chilean organ, voices strong isolationist-nationalist polices, and while fearing territorial encroachment in any form, it attacks the Nazis as being the greatest menace.

Nazism, on the other hand, voices its opinions of world affairs in "Embajada de Alemania"' and Argentine publication which resembles such American newsletters as the 'No-frontier News Service".

Herbert F. Cahoon '40, in charge of the exhibits, concludes from his vast store of source material that German influences greatly overshadow all others in Latin America.

Featured for their rarity, two leaf-lets are shown which were dropped on Germany by French bombing planes during last winter's "Sitzkrieg"' and which accursed high German officials of living in luxury paid for by the man in the streets who wears only tatters.