STANLEY LEAVES TO TAKE UP DUTIES AS COACH AT BROWN

"Skip" Confident of Good Football Season Next Fall

J. Neil "Skip" Stahley, Dick Harlow's former right hand man, won't be on hand when the helmets and shoulder pads come out of storage for spring football practice next week in Briggs Cage. He left for Providence yesterday morning where he will take over his new duties as head football coach at Brown University.

"Skip," interviewed Tuesday in between shots at his favorite Mt. Auburn Street Pinball emporium, seemed to show little anxiety over his new responsibilities as head mentor for the Bruins. "We'll be looking forward to that game in the stadium next November," was his first thought.

And well he may look forward to next fall with the material available in the Bruin football camp. According to Stahley, who has already been down to Providence to meet some of the players, he has a veteran backfield returning next fall which includes Captain Ernie Sauvignon and star fullback Dick High; ends Preistley, Delaney and McNeil; and linemen Soloway, Corzine, Fidler, Rotelli, Sheehan, Down and Crooker.

With this wealth of returning veterans and a strong Freshman squad coming up, "The Skipper" should have a good initial year at Brown. Give him any reasonable material to work with and he'll round it into shape if only by his sheer drive.

In 1939 Stahley was made backfield coach under Harrlow for four years, but previous to that the young and popular Penn State graduate held down the Freshman coaching job, and was known and respected from Wigglesworth to Hollis for his ability to drive the Yearlings almost into the Soldiers Field turf and still make them like it.