BUSY SCHOOL SWAMPS NAVY

By Robert FREEDMAN G.b.

The Harvard Business School All Stars won the mythical Business School softball championship in a one game world series by beating the Navy Supply School team 7-5 on the Soldiers Field diamond. Trailing 5-0 at the end of 6 1/2 innings, the All Stars suddenly found the range and pummeled the baffling slants of pitcher Neal for seven runs in the last two innings to earn a closely fought victory.

Festivities were begun when Captain McIntosh of the Supply School belted Business School's Dean David's first pitch into left field. Captain Kevin of the QMC who was behind the plate thus wasn't given the chance of fingering the horsehide.

All Stars Trall

Burgin retired the Navy in the top half of the eight, only giving a walk to Kelly. Trailing 5-2, the All Stars came to bat with a mounting confidence. Burgin singled and scored on Johnson's lusty triple to make it 5-3. Carpenter's second straight single drove Johnson in to raise the score to 5-4.

George Carens, Business School men's favorite sport columnist, refereed the entire game and was assisted by Lt. Ashler and Asst. Dean Zuckert. All three came in for a round of applause in appreciation of their able efforts.

Starring for the Navy team were Cummings at 2nd, Kelly at 3rd, Arbeznik at 1st, and Neal the pitcher, Skeel at the plate, Beardsley at 1st and Burgin the pitcher were particularly effective in the field for the All Stars.