Ski Club Plans Early Workout for Members

Exercises Begin Monday to Prepare Skiers for Winter

In a preliminary meeting last night, aspirants and members of the Ski Club drew up plans for this winter's activities. Henry F. Bigelow, Jr. '44, captain of the ski team, had previously announced that the Club would operate as long as transportation restrictions make it possible.

Getting off to an early start, members of the Club will begin their winter training next Monday, when special exercises will be held for all skiers wanting to get in shape before their first workout on the snow. Participation in these ealisthenics will count for athletic credits.

This year's ski team will not be selected until after the Club's first meet which will be held at Lake Placid during the Christmas vacation. At this time a four event team will be chosen to take part in cross country, down-hill, slalom, and jumping contests.

Although there will only be two lettermen, Bigelow and Reid, from last year's squad, much fine material is expected from the Freshman class. Other prospects are Dave Arnold, who starred on the Freshman team two years ago, but was unable to ski with the Varsity last year because of an injury; also George Shed and Jerry Porter, both Freshmen, who have had considerable experience. Last year the ski team achieved fourth place among the 10 intercollegiate competitors for the Eastern Ski Championship.